Safety tips for the Fat Tire Golf Scooter (FTGS) include:
NOTE: When parking 2-wheel models they are the most stable when parked on level ground or facing slightly uphill. Parking on side hill or downhill can cause the scooter to roll forward off the stand!
1. Pay attention to your surroundings at all times. Make sure you are comfortable with the throttle and hand brakes before going out on the course.
2. Be careful with your speed. Speed setting III is for accomplished riders in open areas only where there are no obstacles or sharp turns. Use your brakes when going downhill to avoid excessive speed.
3. The FTGS should be kept at least 10 feet from the tees and greens.
4. Do not ever put multiple people on the same FTGS.
5. You are financially responsible for all damage to the FTGS, including but not limited to the cost of complete replacement, shipping costs and lost rental revenue. Be careful and always pay attention.
6. Stay clear of mud, sand, loose dirt or gravel, and water.
7. The FTGS is not a toy and is not to be ridden by children under the age of 18.
8. Do not enter areas that are identified as not safe for the FTGS
9. Never ride down hills that put your safety and the FTGS at risk. Walk your FTGS down steep slopes and areas where advised by the course.
10. Do not take the FTGS over curbs as this can cause serious damage.
11. Do not operate FTGS under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Accident Release and Waiver of Liability
WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this activity, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: GOLF COURSE and/or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, and the activity holders, sponsors, and volunteers; (B) INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise. I acknowledge that GOLF COURSE and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives,and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf. I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, monitors, and/or producers of the activity. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity.
I understand while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns. The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL